cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Authentication request became stale, challenge sent, no response received from client when using a Apple device using 802.x OSX 11

Getting Authentication request became stale, challenge sent, no response received from client when using a Apple device using 802.x OSX 11

Carlos_Maldona2
New Contributor II
Authentication request became stale, challenge sent, no response received from client when connecting a Apple phone using OSX 11 with 802.x. When switching from one NAC to another, the user has to forget network and re-authenticate. It's happening to most Apple phones.
8 REPLIES 8

Bin
Extreme Employee

Carlos_Maldona2
New Contributor II
Yes, they are able to connect on non 802.x. Where to I find Management Frame Protection?

Thanks

Bin
Extreme Employee
Hi Carlos,

I known that there are some general network connect issue on iOS 11.

Apple device with IOS 11 having general network connect issues
https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Solution/Apple-device-with-IOS-11-having-general-...

Can you confirm whether your Apple devices are able to connect properly to non 802.1X authenticated WLANs (open or PSK)?

Also, please try to disable either "Management Frame Protection" or "Fast Transition" and confirm whether the devices are able to connect properly.
If it is not helpful, kindly request you to open the case to our GTAC.

Best regards
Bin

Carlos_Maldona2
New Contributor II
AP are 3610, 3715, 3825. SW 9.21.12.0005. it only happens with most Iphones with OSX 11. I have a iphone 7 plus with 11.0 and my works fine. It happens on 5Ghz.
GTM-P2G8KFN