cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we fine tune Radios in AP3705i while connected to C25 EWC.

How can we fine tune Radios in AP3705i while connected to C25 EWC.

Arjumand_Qazi
New Contributor II
How can we fine tune Radios in AP3705i while connected to C25 EW, for not losing signal strength. in our customer premises one user is just 5 meter away from the AP but is not getting good signals, now there is too much interference or obstacles. Radio config is like Radio 1 is a/n 40Mhz and Radio 2 b/g/n AUTO.
6 REPLIES 6

Gareth_Mitchell
Extreme Employee
Hi Arjumand

Increasing transmit power a bit might help you. It's quite hard to make recommendations for settings without knowing your environment.

About your radio 2 "Auto" - is this in reference to channel or channel width, I would not recommend using auto width.

Is the problem on 5Ghz or 2.4Ghz (or both?)

If you suspect interference try a different channel.

What is the obstacle you describe, wall/bookcase etc?

-Gareth

Steve_Ballantyn
Contributor
Hello Arjumand, I have very different equipment from you. My controller is a C5210 so I am not sure that our settings have much in common.

But try this (best to do this after hours, or you will drop connections):
  1. Log into the GUI. Go to the AP tab and select an AP
  2. Click the configure button (if you are running the newer firmware, otherwise it goes straight to settings)
  3. Click on the Radio 1 tab
  4. Check the Max Tx Power setting. By default this is very low. Try cranking it up. You might also try checking "Auto Tx Power Ctrl (ATPC)" which causes the AP to adjust the power on it's own.
  5. Click the Advanced button on this same window
  6. Change Dynamic Channel Selection from "Monitor Mode" to "Active Mode"
  7. Save these settings and repeat for Radio 2
  8. After an hour or two, go back and change it from Active Mode BACK to Monitor Mode
This same advice was offered to me and I think it has helped with interference. In Active Mode the AP's will adjust to channels with the least interference. But if you leave it in active mode it can result in dropped connections. At least that is my understanding.

Also - I am by no means an expert on any of this! So I welcome any other advice that is contradictory to my own. 
GTM-P2G8KFN