cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i can't see non-dfs channels at AP-3865e after choosing AP environment 'outdoor'

i can't see non-dfs channels at AP-3865e after choosing AP environment 'outdoor'

Yasar_Karacan
New Contributor
Hi all,
I can not see non-dfs channels when i choose 'AP environment' part to 'outdoor'. But, i am able to use both dfs and non-dfs channels when i choose 'indoor'. I have AP-3865e model AP's, PRO-AO-5DIPN and PRO-AO-2DIPN type antennas, mostly use them for outdoor environment. Is it critical to choose the real environment for this AP's, or can i use them 'indoor' mode although they are mounted on outdoor environment, does this change adversely affects AP's capacity performance?
7 REPLIES 7

Yasar_Karacan
New Contributor
We have also 3805 indoor AP's and both dfs and non-dfs channels are available. We use this AP's in Turkey and its version is application version is 09.21.07.0007

Ostrovsky__Yury
Extreme Employee
In most Asian country there are no non-DFS channels for outdoor use. Selecting AP as 'indoor' and placing them outdoor will violate the local RF regulations and might be penalysed by local authority, so the performance is not relevant to this setting but only the regulatory. We strongly recommend not to set incorrect environment on the AP.

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee
in general, that can be country dependent = regulatory domain.
it can be combination of AP and antenna type and country and version. Are other channels available if you use other APs (you can add the ap manually /without having it/ and test the available settings).
Regards Zdeněk Pala
GTM-P2G8KFN