cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IdentiFi; Is there a way to Block MU to MU traffic with B@AP in the same Virtual Network or Wlan Services?

IdentiFi; Is there a way to Block MU to MU traffic with B@AP in the same Virtual Network or Wlan Services?

Rien_Maurik
New Contributor
We are installing a new Identify installation for a customer with several locations, ( +/- 200)

the Wlan on the remote locations are going to use by Employees and customers. because of the expensive WAN connections we want that the customers are the internet connections on the remote site, so we configure B@AP. And we also want to block the customer mobile unit to mobile unit traffic.

Is there a way to block MU to MU traffic at the AP?

Thank you for your help

Rien van Maurik

8 REPLIES 8

Philipp_Tittman
New Contributor III
Hello,

does anyone can confirm the rules? I actually tried it with code version 10.31. and it doesn't work for me. If i apply the rule on top no client can even connect, if i apply it on bottom Mu to MU traffic is still working. I also applied rules for DHCP and DNS

Philipp

Rien_Maurik
New Contributor
Hello Gareth

Thank You

We are going to test this solution.

greetings Rien

Gareth_Mitchell
Extreme Employee
Hi Rien

You can create a rule in the applied role to block traffic to all hosts in the local subnet, make this rule the first in the rule list and permit (or deny) other required traffic types.

See this article: https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Solution/Block-MU-to-MU-enabled-but-users-can-sti...

Best regards

-Gareth

Thanks for both answers, i will test Gareths policy, too. Now i have successfully tested policy with more rules only allowing specific services.
GTM-P2G8KFN