cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Include QR code in captive portal ticket page

Include QR code in captive portal ticket page

hsachse
New Contributor III
It would be a great new feature, if it would be possible to include a QR Code with the guest account password into the ticket page. This would make it easy for the user to copy a complex password into the password field of the captive portal.

For Android devices its also possible to include more informations like SSID name and encryption (for WPA2-PSK protected SSIDs) and the pre-shared key into the code, but not every device could use this informations. Some iPhone apps could also collect this informations from the code, but the guests passwords would be the most usefull information and is useable with every QR code app.
8 REPLIES 8

For the QR code with a pre-shared key network. I've created my own script that changes the key via a expect script and providing the QR (useable in our own guest vouchers). I will share this as soon, if i think the process is 100 percent stable - is still alpha code 😉

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
I emailed the wireless team and haven't heard back yet.

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Hi Harmut,
It looks like this one got lost in the shuffle - sorry about that!
Seems like a great idea to me. I've forwarded it along to the ExtremeWireless product team for their review.

Thanks,
-Drew

hsachse
New Contributor III
The online QR code generator from ZXING is an good example what is possible: https://zxing.appspot.com/generator/

Seems to be opensource code (apache license), so this could be good starting point.
GTM-P2G8KFN