cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large Warehouse faster access point switching with AP650X

Large Warehouse faster access point switching with AP650X

dstarkman
New Contributor II

Is there a good way to begin to decrease the time it takes to switch to a better access point for forklift radios? These devices are 802.11abg and we chose to use only 2.4Ghz. We are moving all of our access points from AP350 to AP650X. Because we’re working in a warehouse environment with large racking from floor to roof we are using AP650X with third party panel antennas on the end of each aisle and then one access point with MIMO panel on the dock. It seems to be holding on to signal between “aisles” even between walls and going from the aisles which are metal walls to the dock for a pretty long time when it should have a way better signal upon moving to an aisle or dock connected to a different access point. Is there a way to “force” the device to change to the much better connection rather than holding on to a -75 or -80 signal when if it were to switch it would get a -45 or -50 signal strength?

3 REPLIES 3

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II

I’d give a try with 11v + forced disassociation + SNR + disassociate + transition request and see how it works. 🙂

Hope that helps,

Tomasz

dstarkman
New Contributor II

Yes, I put this under the wrong option.

So, after looking at it would you check the 802.11v and then check enable forced disassociation? Default is disassociate after 4 seconds and then there are two more choice you can choose SNR checking and SLA checking. If I choose SNR it gives me further choices of disassociate the client and BSSID transition request and also says note: when using SNR checking please enable high-density weak-snr. 

What would your recommendation be or if you don’t know maybe someone else will read this and explain?

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II

Hi,

I’d try with Probe Suppression with Force Disassociate (didn’t have opportunity to try it out myself). It is under AP radio advanced settings. From some other discussion I remember that it might disassociate 5 dBm below the threshold you specify there, that’s something to check.

EDIT: I saw the topic in IdentiFi but AP model is Extreme CloudIQ. So there’s a different option for that, WLAN Optional Settings > Voice Enterprise > 802.11v and additional options out there when it is checked: http://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/ng/Content/gui/configuration/configuring-ssid-opti....

Hope that helps,

Tomasz

GTM-P2G8KFN