cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resizing the captive portal site for guest splash

Resizing the captive portal site for guest splash

Benjamin_Tiggem
New Contributor
I am looking for a solution to resize the captive portal page for the guest splash authentication. I am using the captive portal editor and it looks like the window for the content has a fixed size (700x700dpi) that I can't change in this editor. I want a to have a greater window because the customer has a long disclaimer text and he don't want to use a scrollable text field.
I haven't found anything in the user guide about this. Is it possible to change the size? If yes, how can this be done? I also checked the ccs code from an export, but I haven't found a global window size, just the properties for the widgets.
5 REPLIES 5

Raffi
Extreme Employee
Normally the size is fixed. (800px * 550px). The initial design is what we see is what we get, so we make the overflow hidden.

However, I could help you to do it  We would have to manually ssh to the controller and edit the login.tpl file ( if 2 controllers would have to go to each one ). Once that is done, the rest can be done from the gui:

1. Uncheck the “cached” checkbox and save the captive portal And also the WLAN (in case the login template still in the /tmp folder

2. export the file

3. Unzip the exported file.

4. There’s a gui.data file, change “height” of the claim widget,

5. zip those file into *.zip file

6. Import it again (Don’t save the editor again. Otherwise, the claim box will be moved up to fix the design box automatically)

I am also going to make a change request asking that the change gets added to the mainline code, to add the overflow property for each widget ( eg: the claim box ). In this way we could easily change the size and the overflow.

GTM-P2G8KFN