cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restart Services in absence of controller

Restart Services in absence of controller

Sachu
New Contributor II
AP continue showing the network in absence of controller but wireless stations are not getting IP address from DHCP server.

Can anyone suggest the best practice for same as we are doing POC for one of the hotel chain and they want to test, if the links goes down between DC and hotel the AP should function normal.

13 REPLIES 13

Sachu
New Contributor II
yes i have enable below features on all APS

- Maintain client sessions in event of poll failure
- Restart service in the absence of controller

Jeremy_Gibbs
Contributor
Do you have the AP set to stay online at loss of controller?

Sachu
New Contributor II
Hi Jeremy,

thanks for reply.

actually for POC purpose we are keeping all in same VLAN (controller,AP and Guest station)
It is open network. Topology is bridge at AP with non-auth role. DHCP service is running on guest management server, there is no DHCP running on controller only i have add controller IP in search list of all AP and

when controller is connected that time everything is working fine. as soon as unplug AP LED light start blinking and station get disconnected and keep on trying for IP.

Jeremy_Gibbs
Contributor
Well it depends on your topology and how you are doing change of auth.... Are you switching VLANS or are you applying different roles to guests? Anyway, I wonder if DHCP is coming through the control tunnel because of your config, or you need to change VLANs and the tunnel is down so I don't think that can happen. I am also assuming you are bridging at the AP and have the option set to continue servicing clients in absence of controller...

Oh, that also doesn't mean allow new authenticated sessions. Maybe if it's an open network with no auth or redirects, but if there are any authentication attempts, I could see newly connecting clients failing to gain connectivity / IP address etc.. I could be crazy as it is past my bedtime.
GTM-P2G8KFN