cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restart wireless controller C5210

restart wireless controller C5210

Laura4
New Contributor II
How come when I restart the wireless controller C5210, all of the radio channels show "off", even though none of the APs are down? I want to be able to see what channels the APs are using, so I can change them in case interference.

048882d2eb024a9ab63ce7e3039ee16c_RackMultipart20150423-16913-10j2o0j-radio_channel_off_inline.png

11 REPLIES 11

Doug
Extreme Employee
There can be many reasons why you may have connection issues with wireless clients. If you are still experiencing issues you may want to give us a call. Typically we will ask you for specific details like...

- Is the connection issue in one area or all throughout the wireless system?
- Is the connection issue happening with a specific client type? (Apple,Chromebooks, etc...).
- Is this only on one service (SSID) or all?
- Are clients getting IP's but unable to pass data?
- Any authentication involved?

The Tech when you contact support will also ask you to generate a Tech Support file from the controller with the problems on "Logs".

http://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-Collect-a-Tech-Support-File-From-a-W...
Doug Hyde
Director, Technical Support / Extreme Networks

Laura4
New Contributor II
We have it setup up for 50/50 right now.However, when we get to the point of adding more APs, we have the foreign controller for more room. In the future, if we have enough APs, using 2 controllers; will the second controller still be able to backup all the APs from the primary controller and still be able to manage all its own APs?

Laura4
New Contributor II
we were having issues with clients getting on the wlan SSID, so the manager decided to restart our wireless controller.

Doug
Extreme Employee
Correct, we call that feature Availability. Some customers will split the ap load 50/50 between controllers or use a second controller as a hot standby in case the primary one goes offline.
Doug Hyde
Director, Technical Support / Extreme Networks

Laura4
New Contributor II
so i just found out, that it was a backup controller. when the primary restarts, it kicks all its aps off which then go to the foreign controller(backup). right?
GTM-P2G8KFN