Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming issue inter-wlan

Roaming issue inter-wlan

Luis_Mendes
Contributor
HI

I have a customer with 700 aps on a campus, and when the customer move from one building to other and lose the conection with ap and when move to another build reconnect, and stop the traffic... Its necessary manually reconect.
The time between move from one site to another is 2,3 minutes and connection is lost. ANy idea??

The Inter-wlan is enabled..
11 REPLIES 11

No.. I have the many users >12k, because the number of users I need configure vlans, but all the traffic is b@ewc. And the student walk in the campus... and on every build has a different vlan

Raffi
Extreme Employee
Are the wireless users dropped onto the same subnet when they go from building A to building B ? If you use the same subnet then it should work. Is the problem that when the client goes from building A to B, that they have to hit a portal page and enter their username / password again?

Probably don't need mobility enabled, could use availability instead, since you only have 2 controlers. Mobility is if you have more than 2 controllers, or if you are using routed topologies. In your case you have 2 controllers and you are using bridge at controller.

Are you using nac?

inter-area - you can draw the Area on the OneView map. When the client enters there it will send VSA back to NAC, so different Role can be applied.

Default setting is none by the way for mac-based authorization on roam. You would enalble for the visibility.

When user in on building A(VLAN 10), going to building B(vlan20) the controller recognize the user but the user don´t traffic.. The subnet has different..... The portal not appear to customer again..

I have this solution on other customer and when authenticate on building A(vlan 10) and move to building B(vlan 20) the VLAN "follow" the user and keep authenticate on this vlan.
On this case, the customer when move from another building haven´t signal (the connection lost and reconect because the distance) and on another case have functional the customer always connect with any ap

Umut_Aydin
Extreme Employee
Hi Luis,

are specific clients affected or almost all wireless clients.
If roaming between Aps which is connected on different Controller then to configure Mobility should get some improvement.

What FW Version on AP Types has this issue?
If Radius enabled try different key caching settings..like OKC or pre-auth
Regards

Umut

Is almost of wireless clients, roaming when ap at the same controller occur the same problem.

I

3f4293f768134dbbbb9548611892d36b_RackMultipart20160602-2468-quoc7-controller_log_inline.jpg

t

I think on this possiblity... But not encountered nothing about it on help.
what "on inter-ap roam" and "on "inter-area roam" option

GTM-P2G8KFN