Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Route to external Radius Server on C35

Route to external Radius Server on C35

Peter_Kulmbrein
New Contributor II
Hello,

I have a little challenge with my new C35 Indentifi Wireless Controller and Radius Authentication as follows:

Setup different topologies tagged with vlan (VLAN 10, VLAN 99) and want to authenticate users on the Wireless Network that is bound to VLAN 10 via 802.1x - so far no problem, but the Radius is situated in a different vlan reachable via the Standardgateway of VLAN 99.

I tried to insert a static route but that didnt work out (invalid gateway ip adress). do i have to take care of anything special when trying to enter a static route?

is there any way to get that solved or do i have to setup ipforwarding on our switches (which our client i suppose doesn't really want to see because of security issues)

any ideas would be appreciated!

Peter
7 REPLIES 7

Christoph
Contributor
sorry, I missed to mention, that routes are only valid for physical topologies.

Peter_Kulmbrein
New Contributor II
Thanks for Info!

Hm the problem is that my radius is definitevly in another network - so would it be a solution to configure a topology with the L3 settings in that network? If yes - i i have the same problem as before - where to set the gateway for reaching the radius?

I don't use the Admin interface at all, as i have my management net set up as a topology because the APs get the IP Adresses out of that Topology.

What are the valid route ip addresses that can be set in Routes, because when i try to setup any gateway that is present in my topology nets i get the message invalid gateway ip address.

Regards
Peter

Christoph
Contributor
The gateway has to be in a network of one of the configured layer 3 interfaces of your controller topologies. It schould not be in the network of the admin topology. You also should not set a default gateway entry in the admin topology.

The wireless stations don't need a direct connection to you RADIUS server.

Kind regrads
Christoph
GTM-P2G8KFN