cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Site configuration - AP radios off

Site configuration - AP radios off

hsachse
New Contributor III
I've setup a site configuration and have the problem that the radios stay turned off. We have two SSIDs (Bridged@AP). Admin mode is on, SSIDs are enabeled on both radios.

The customer use firmware 8.32.14.0002. Did anyone had the same issue?

Best Regards
Hartmut
12 REPLIES 12

Doug
Extreme Employee
Hartmut,

Keep us posted. If you still have issues after upgrading to 9.x we will get a case opened for you. I have two sites customers that I have worked with on 9.21.07 without any issues.

Doug Hyde
Director, Technical Support / Extreme Networks

Doug
Extreme Employee
Thanks, the only issue I'm aware of in the 8 and early 9 was if Radar (in-service) was enabled on the AP in Sites mode.
Doug Hyde
Director, Technical Support / Extreme Networks

hsachse
New Contributor III
Hello Doug,

I have tested the site feature with 9.21.x successfully, too. But the customer only have some downtime windows so we can't switch to 9.x now. I will update this thread if i have any other findings.

Don1
New Contributor
Hamut,

Check your antenna set up in the AP properties tab. Usually when the radios are in off mode following a reboot or system outage, the AP may have lost the antenna type. I have seen this occurrence before following a switch reboot.

Regards,

Don

hsachse
New Contributor III
Thanks Don, this could only happen to AP model with external antennas. Customer has only AP model with integrated antenna, so this is not the cause of the problem.
GTM-P2G8KFN