cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Site configuration - AP radios off

Site configuration - AP radios off

hsachse
New Contributor III
I've setup a site configuration and have the problem that the radios stay turned off. We have two SSIDs (Bridged@AP). Admin mode is on, SSIDs are enabeled on both radios.

The customer use firmware 8.32.14.0002. Did anyone had the same issue?

Best Regards
Hartmut
12 REPLIES 12

hsachse
New Contributor III
Thanks for the replies, but the is a misunderstand of the term site. I did not mean a site survey.

The site "concept" mean controlling ap im remote branches/remote locations. You can define sites for every branch with different SSID, policies and individual RADIUS config. Now we switched from using sites to a standard configuration with a new VNS and a topologies in Bridged@AP mode. After this config change everythings works fine.

I like to use sites in future to setup local RADIUS servers and only use one central RADIUS server as backup. After moving to firmware 9.x we will try the setting up sites again.

C_Heitmann
New Contributor II
Hi Hartmut,
are the radios still "off" or in "scanning"-mode (See "Active Wirless AP)?
We had trouble in V9 with AP3825, wile some AP are hang in "scanning-mode" - but this should be fixet with the actual V9-release.

If the error will be furthermore, if the AP was reset to factory defaults?

Regards,
carsten

Rainer_Adam
New Contributor III
From time to time this could happen. Most the time the accesspoint did not know his controller. In case of a site survey I would think that you only have one controller, right?

Check that the controller is there configured, if this not work, delete the accesspoint and do a clear to factory default on the accesspoint, add it again to your controller, add the controller's IP to this field and then it should work.

8eae9e48da4a4f5cbcb36b3e0d687cea_RackMultipart20160311-49674-j921i1-wlan_controller_setup_inline.png

GTM-P2G8KFN