Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some clients disconnect after upgrade to new firmware on AP's

Some clients disconnect after upgrade to new firmware on AP's

Verus
New Contributor II
Hi,
We have two C25 controllers and I upgraded both from firmware 10.01.02.0038-1 to firmware 10.01.05.0008-1.
The upgrade went just fine, no problems with that.
After a while, the AP's also started to upgrade their firmware and then the problems started.
Some laptops lost the connection with the network.
After a reboot or reconnect in windows (drop connection and reconnect), the connection is back for a few seconds (3 - 30 seconds) and then it drops again.
I updated the drivers and firmware for the nic's on the laptops but it stays the same.
Problem seems to be with intel nic's but there are some laptops which are identical who don't have the problem so it's not clear what the problem is, but it started after upgrading the wifi controllers and AP's and this is URGENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Since the problems started when the firmware was upgraded on the AP's, I think that is where the problem is.

So I started a case yesterday, until today no feedback at all...
Performed a firmware downgrade and problems are gone.
Thanks for the buggy update! our boss is very happy !!!!

12 REPLIES 12

Jason1
Extreme Employee
Hello Verus,

I am sorry to hear about the issue that you are seeing. If you can give me the case number we can look into this further to see if we can narrow down the cause of the problem, and let you know when there is a fix for the issue.

Thank you,
Jason

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Jason, I'll send it to you.

Umut_Aydin
Extreme Employee
Hi Verus,

in urgent cases like yours I would always prefer to call the GTAC/Hotline in order get faster support. But the way that you made is also what we would maybe suggest in the end .

If there was a need to update to the newest code( Bug Fix maybe ) then I would suggest to update only some AP's to the newest code and make some settings changes and look if you still see the issue.

I would suggest to enable probe suppression with force assocc - 80dBm.
You will find this under radio advance settings.
Additional to this disable LDPC if it was enabled.

This should be worked by GTAC so that we can prevent this on other customer side.

Apologize the inconvenience.

Thank you.

Regards

UMut

GTM-P2G8KFN