cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User loses session with AP

User loses session with AP

Saiprasad_Rao_R
New Contributor II
User looses session with AP. Yellow exclamatory Mark Appears on Network Status. When I dis-associate the user from the AP, the user session again resumes normal......when this issue occurs user's ip address is not pingable from anywhere, user cant ping to default gateway, no logs on AP as well....

WLAN Services idle-timeout is set to 60 minutes.
7 REPLIES 7

Andre_K_
New Contributor
Are you encountering this problem on one or multiple devices? Are the devices all the same/similar hardware?

I've had to deal with symptoms like these several times. Mostly the issue was a faulty wifi driver on the client side. Especially when connecting to 802.1x environments early driver versions tend to mess up al lot. And people keep telling you "With my WiFi at home it works really well...". *rolls eyes*

Regards
Andre

Thanks for hanging in there with us Saiprasad and keeping us honest in the Hub Community. GTAC does not give up and best we work it there to ensure we do find that elusive resolution.

Luis, based on precedent here from Andre K and Saiprasad, I'd say best to follow Gareth's advice and contact GTAC about this one.

Hi Mendes, Extreme GTAC says the newer code will resolve the issue, but I have tried with the latest code, still no luck. I don't have any option now the issue exists from 4 months not yet resolved. Made a mistake going for Extreme.

I have the same problem... The customer connect via 802.1x. The problem only occurs on aps 36xx.. .Aps 26xx and 37xx works well..
GTM-P2G8KFN