cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does RF Domain option do in the C5210 controller?

What does RF Domain option do in the C5210 controller?

Laura
New Contributor III
I am trying to fine tune the controller and APs to have better wifi at our schools. Should I change the "RF Domain" option per school building? Should each building have its own RF Domain name? So it will only manage that specific schools APs? We have about 50 different buildings, all on different subnets. All the APs with the RF Domain name, "MyDomaintest" will all be in their own little group, seperate from the rest of the APs?

42d0fd4cff9a42368e09dce90e838224_RackMultipart20160401-93384-mwnyb-mydomain_inline.png

6 REPLIES 6

So, would it make sense to be very specific(buildingAFloor1Radio24, buildingAFloor1Radio5) about the RF domain, or does it really not make a difference?

Jeremy_Gibbs
Contributor
I've been told everything from "it doesn't do anything" to "make sure each radio in each building has it's own RF domain" Such as BuildingA24 and BuildingA5 to separate the 2.4 and 5 ghz radios... In my opinion, I have never seen the RF domain make a difference in anything at all and I have done some extensive testing in a fairly large environment. Hopefuly someone has a more accurate answer than me.
GTM-P2G8KFN