Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Controller support IPv6?

Wireless Controller support IPv6?

Shuo_Tseng
New Contributor
Dear All

I have question about the Wireless controller support IPv6 issue.
Have wireless controller v9.0 support IPv6?
I mean it can do below:
1.Be a IPv6 DHCP Server?
2.The client device get a IPv6 Address and IPv6 address can be see on the active client report?

If I use extreme NAC in my IPv6 network environment, can i see a client device IPv6 IP address?
23 REPLIES 23

hsachse
New Contributor III
Hello Will,

our company is Extreme Partner, but at the last partner circle there was no (new) information about IPv6 support related to IdentiFi. Good support for IPv6 is must have features for enterprise wireless. If I have to made a design decision to select a the right product based on a feature matrix the actual implemented feature are not enough  that realy not fine, because I think overall its a good product.

William_Aguilar
Extreme Employee
Apologies for the late reply and for the not so great answer , but as a public company we are unable to discuss roadmap futures in an open forum due to regulatory requirements. If you need information about future features and enhancements please work with your Extreme Networks Partner and Sales Representative to sign an NDA and coordinate a roadmap discussion with Product Line Management (PLM). Sincerely, Will

Michael
New Contributor

hsachse
New Contributor III
As you can see, still waiting for a official reply.

@Tamera: Please ask Sohil Thakkar or leader of the engineering team for an answer

Shuo_Tseng
New Contributor
Hi Tamera and Harmut

The NAC and NetSight is support IPv6, If I used web authentication on NAC, the client device authenticate by NAC.
Can show the end device IP Address(IPv6) on the NAC-->End System?
Can show the end device IP Address(IPv6) on the OneView-->Identity and Access-->End System?
GTM-P2G8KFN