cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wireless statistics

wireless statistics

Transporter
New Contributor
Hi, I am posting here to see if anyone has any experience with historical statistics on wireless products....

I have a query from my customer about collecting historical data to do with wireless clients etc... I have 2 wireless controllers and netsight available to get stats from but so far cannot seem to find a way to collect this exact requirement as below
"peak data used per user on the wireless network, what is the average data usage per user and per SSID over a period of time"

I have managed to export all clients from the wireless controller to an excel file, but I am aware this is only a snapshot. Is there a way?

Thanks in advance

Rich

6 REPLIES 6

Joshua_Puusep
New Contributor III
Hi Rich,

By default, Extreme Management Center only collects a subset of traps for historical statistics.

If you go to Reports>custom reports and browse through the target and statistic options, you will see what is available. If one of those statistics is listed, but does not graph any data, then either statistic collection is not enabled or that particular statistic is not being collected for the selected target.

You can verify what statistics are being collected for a specific target by going to administration>Historical statistics collector>statistics collection target. Search for the target and use the show details button. This sometimes takes a minute to load and will show you the traps that are currently being collected for that target.

You could for example see a specific clients Total Bandwidth by going to the Report tab >custom report>target=wireless-client>statistic=client total bandwidth

Ray_Coshan
Extreme Employee
In NetSight, now Extreme Management Center, you can right click on the controllers in OneView then collect historical data, then on each controller view the interfaces then do the same for all the interfaces, APs are viewed as interfaces.
GTM-P2G8KFN