cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10.2r4 firmware causing AP650's to lose connectivity?

10.2r4 firmware causing AP650's to lose connectivity?

KevinP1
Contributor II

Okay, I don’t know what’s happening here but this isn’t looking pretty. All of our AP650’s are losing connectivity multiple times throughout the day. 

4336cc91e7f5466f8b03993c1836a4a3_68022dec-18cb-481a-a8c4-8b2ab219cab2.png

Look at this! Some AP’s will only do this once or twice and others are doing it often, like this ? There’s nothing indicating any type of error or issue. We didn’t have this problem on firmware 10.09rb.

I have a case open with GTAC, but are we the only ones seeing this issue?

113 REPLIES 113

dstarkman
New Contributor II

@kevin.piazza 

I’m going to try it again to update to 10.3.1 what are some commands I can try to see why the devices are not able to connect if they fail again after a day like they did the last time? Maybe it’s something simple. 

dstarkman
New Contributor II

@kevin.piazza I can share whatever you need to know.

The thing is without changing a single thing going back from 10.3.1 to 10.0.10.2 made the devices work forever. These same laptops without changing a thing on them have now been connected for 6 days. I was thinking it was maybe something about the Wifi drivers so I even went in and set in the properties on the driver to always stay powered even though the device never goes into sleep mode but that didn’t help either before I switched it back to well I think at the time it was 10.0.8.1 and then recently updated to 10.0.10.2. 

I know those SNRs are pretty weak but that’s one thing I did notice about the APs after they’ve been up for a while is they have to be rebooted once a week. After a few days they get pretty slow.

bcdc3cfe28cd4dda929677a0c2e4cb11_f9b7759f-ef13-467c-8455-0862bc0a4d8a.png

KevinP1
Contributor II

@jose.gonzalez I know based on the types of clients I have, using more features had a tendency to break too many things, especially with previous firmware and XIQ. I have been advised not to use Frame Burst, beamforming, and MU-MIMO. Granted, everyone’s client base and environment are unique. To get clients reconnected and stable, I’ve found having Safety Net (15 seconds), short guard interval, and aggregate MAC protocol data units enabled provided our devices with the most reliable connection.

jose_gonzalez
Contributor

FYI for those running 10.1.x - 10.3.x (ap305c image)

10.1.x has issues with DFS, DFS channels doesn’t work.  FYI I’m in the US.

ap# radio profile ax-1to1 dfs
Enable DFS of radio profile (ax-1to1) failed because we haven't support DFS in current country code.

10.2.x and 10.3.x fixes the DFS issue, but it breaks SDR - radio0 will always choose 5ghz on boot, leaving no 2.4 coverage area?!  I reported to GTAC over 5 months ago, it’s in engineering.

KevinP1
Contributor II

@john_kern I am using the Auto Transmission Power on my larger areas that have concrete and/or brick walls. When it comes to drywall and AP’s right next to each other, I manually set it. Also, I REALLY wish the lowest transmission power floor would offer 1 dBm. Using Auto Transmission Power settings was a never-ending battle when it came to interference and roaming issues for us.

GTM-P2G8KFN