Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android maybe don´t have internet connection

Android maybe don´t have internet connection

juergen_dannewi
New Contributor III

Hi everyone,

I´ve some strange situation with Android Smartphones in our Aerohive/Extreme Network (Mix of AP250 and 305C) environment.
The Android devices itself get´s an valid IP and authenticated to the Wifi but shows the information “maybe don´t have internet connection”.
Actual Workaround: Ping the device. The first 2 packages are lost, but than the device replies and shows connected.
I´ve started this discussion last year, but with Covid-19 the situation stuck.

I´ve also found that we are not the only one with this situation.

I can confirm that DNS port 53 and 853 is open for this dedicated Wifi VLAN on our firewall.
I´ve added the DNS ports for the native VLAN of the APs to this internal DNS server, now.

Does anyone has an idea, if this won´t help, how we could troubleshoot this?

Thankful for every idea!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

juergen_dannewi
New Contributor III

Hi,

I want to send an update about this topic.
We found the root cause for our problem, but I´m unsure how to solve it.
The ARP-cache on our firewall which is also the Gateway for our Guest Network seems to get some wrong information from the Aerohive environment.
The Guest Wifi has a short Lease time on DHCP side (5min, increased to 15min now).
The client itself gets the correct IP from DHCP Server (same VLAN/subnet, Windows Server), but the Firewall still get´s the wrong information after a arp-cache clear.
We deleted the "wrong" client in the IQ Management and cleared the ARP-cache once again and the problem was solved for this device.

We found an option in the "Management Options" called "disable Proxy-ARP":
Would it make sense to activate this option in a Wifi environment?
Arp-Caches are written on the Gateway and Switch devices.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

juergen_dannewi
New Contributor III

Hi,

after activating this option, those problems are gone.

where is that "disable Proxy-ARP": option?  within the XIQ?

Hi, the option is in your definied Network policy -> Additional Settings -> Network services -> Management Options -> "Disable Proxy-Arp" which needs to be checked.Management-Option.JPG

juergen_dannewi
New Contributor III

Hi,

I want to send an update about this topic.
We found the root cause for our problem, but I´m unsure how to solve it.
The ARP-cache on our firewall which is also the Gateway for our Guest Network seems to get some wrong information from the Aerohive environment.
The Guest Wifi has a short Lease time on DHCP side (5min, increased to 15min now).
The client itself gets the correct IP from DHCP Server (same VLAN/subnet, Windows Server), but the Firewall still get´s the wrong information after a arp-cache clear.
We deleted the "wrong" client in the IQ Management and cleared the ARP-cache once again and the problem was solved for this device.

We found an option in the "Management Options" called "disable Proxy-ARP":
Would it make sense to activate this option in a Wifi environment?
Arp-Caches are written on the Gateway and Switch devices.

GTM-P2G8KFN