Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP230 with HiveOS 6.1r5 update issues

AP230 with HiveOS 6.1r5 update issues

MrWeiser
New Contributor

Dear all,

got my fingers on an AP230. Hardware is looking fine, but I have some connection issues so I wanted to try if firmware upgrade will improve. It is running on 6.1r5, but I cannot upgrade. In this board I learned that I first have to upgrade to 6.1r6 and 6.4r1 firmware, but it seems that it is not available for download anymore. Could someone tell me how to get it? If a mod could send it to me too it would be great!

3 REPLIES 3

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @MrWeiser, unfortunately due to licensing issues and differences in country to country regulations, we can't give out firmware files without you first logging in to our Extreme Portal and downloading it from there once we've verified your account and location via your portal login. I'm sorry we couldn't be more helpful here. 

paulsonjose
New Contributor
The AP230 with HiveOS 6.1r5 update may encounter issues related to compatibility, performance, verizon billing issues or functionality. Common problems include connectivity issues, stability issues, and configuration conflicts. Users experiencing such issues should consult the release notes, forums, or support channels for troubleshooting guidance. It's advisable to perform thorough testing and backup procedures before applying updates to minimize potential disruptions and ensure a smooth transition to the new software version.

MrWeiser
New Contributor

Yes, for that reason I am here. So if a mod from Extreme Networks could help me, that would be great.

GTM-P2G8KFN