cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP305C 10.3.2.0 (10.3r2) POE reset needed after small elrp blocked loop

AP305C 10.3.2.0 (10.3r2) POE reset needed after small elrp blocked loop

Leo_Bistmans1
New Contributor III
Red light on AP,  no longer reachable via Cloudiq nor ip.   Enduser no wifi, no chance to reconnect.
This happend after minor, elrp ( exos switch loop prevention ) controlled network loop event.  
70 to 75% off the AP,s ( all AP305C 10.3.2.0  ) survived, but these could only be active again over POE reset.

This is common/ to be expected?   Cannot remember this sort of calamity on older AP's back in the Hivemanager classic days.
4 REPLIES 4

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi Leo, that is not something you should expect to happen. When we see problems with connection or updates, CAPWAP debugs can usually help us identify the issue. I'd recommend enabling CAPWAP debugs on a few APs that had this issue and if the issue happens again you'll want to get tech data so we can review the debug logs for you. 

This guide reviews how to enable CAPWAP debugs on your APs. 

This guide reviews how to get tech data from an AP. 

Thanks for the information, I was wondering if this is a well known problem, know to EN?

The capwap, drop connection to or from cloudiq is 'just' a mgmt thing, I am much more concerned about the wifi not available to my endusers. 
The POE rebooting was just a few hours of frantic whack-a-mole play 😉

The issue happening again would have such an impact I may hope it never happens again.  That means building an isolated test environment ;-(

Hi @Leo Bistmans,

Loop means possible broadcasting storm. Was it the fact that the APs didn't response to SSH access attempt following a broadcasting storm that has just subsided?

The following is the similar issue for AP650, AP650X, AP510C and AP510CX and has already been fixed. The similar issue could still exist for AP305C used by you.
https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000060250

I would suggest you raise a support case to get his investigated and confirmed.

Via show tech, I don't see anything useful in the log at mini-loop and later POE reboot time.
Just found out a newer firmware is available for AP305C 10.3.3.0 (10.3r3) from june and 10.3.4 from august

CFD-6473 Wi-Fi interfaces sometimes became unresponsive and did not transmit data.

Thanks!
GTM-P2G8KFN