cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP330 connection to ExtremeCloud iq - Firmware too old?

AP330 connection to ExtremeCloud iq - Firmware too old?

GhostNZ
New Contributor

Hi All,

I’m trying to connect an older AP330 we had in storage to our new ExtremeCloud iq account but the firmware is failing to update.

I assume 6.4.1.0. is too old and needs to be manually updated to 6.5 before it will connect?

Any idea where a newer supported version can be obtained?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @GhostNZ, thanks for letting us know. I’ve emailed you directly with instructions on how to get the firmware files you’ll need. We’ll need to update the AP up to at least 6.5r3 in order to manage it in ExtremeCloud IQ. Please let me know if you have any trouble updating your device from here. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Josh8
New Contributor
Hi Sam, 

I have this same question as well. I have an old AP330 and the firmware is on 5.1r3 with device failing to update. Can you send me the same email instructions?

SamPirok
Community Manager

Thanks for letting me know, I’ve emailed you directly with those instructions. Please let me know if I can help with anything else. 

Zoey_yea_boom
New Contributor

Hi Sam

Version:            HiveOS 6.1r6 release build1779
Bootloader ver:     v1.0.3.45
TPM ver:            v1.2.35.8

Thanks for your help

SamPirok
Community Manager

Hello @Zoey_yea_boom, I’d be happy to send those instructions over for accessing firmware for an AP 330. Could you let me know what version of firmware you’re on now, so I know what files you’ll need? 

GTM-P2G8KFN