cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buff log warn - devmgmt: Interface wifi1.1 is down/up flapping. Anyone know if there is an underlying cause or solution?

buff log warn - devmgmt: Interface wifi1.1 is down/up flapping. Anyone know if there is an underlying cause or solution?

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

I’ve learned to check the buffered log for these errors when I get reports of intermittent connection issues, or dropped connections. Sure enough I’ve started finding this more often. Any ideas what is causing this? This device was running 10.0.8.1, and has now been upgraded to 10.0.9.2. Monitoring to see if it re-occurs.

dbeeacb8c43148859889bd3f9a136137_3c0dbacd-6cf0-410e-9b84-1a7b1e5b6fd7.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry for the long wait here, we aren’t able to find a cause for the flapping in the logs you shared, would you be able to open a case so we can do a deeper dive with you?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

Sure thing. I’ll submit a ticket the next time I come across an AP in this state.

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry for the long wait here, we aren’t able to find a cause for the flapping in the logs you shared, would you be able to open a case so we can do a deeper dive with you?

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

Of note, I’m not seeing similar warnings on other AP550’s in this location also using 10.0.8.1, so I’d imagine something is inducing this at some point, not just all the time.

GTM-P2G8KFN