cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chromecast is not connecting or streaming on Aerohive Classic

Chromecast is not connecting or streaming on Aerohive Classic

jflores
New Contributor

They asked me to place a Chromecast on the network that we have with Aerohive Classic, but when I try to connect it it just won't let me, do you know if it is necessary to enable any option in the Network Policy?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

wwillingham
New Contributor III

Take a look at the Traffic Filter for the Network Policy.  If you are using the default traffic filter and haven’t made any changes to it, you shouldn’t need to do anything.  But if you are using a different traffic filter, make sure the “Enable Inter-station Traffic” setting is set to true.  If this is disabled, it won’t allow wireless clients to communicate with each other.

Also, check to see if you have any IP Firewall Policies set that “Drop traffic between stations”.

Lastly, are your clients and the Chromecast on the same VLAN?  Because if they aren’t, you will need to look at your Bonjour Gateway setup and/or router setup to make sure that multicast is being forwarded. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

wwillingham
New Contributor III

Take a look at the Traffic Filter for the Network Policy.  If you are using the default traffic filter and haven’t made any changes to it, you shouldn’t need to do anything.  But if you are using a different traffic filter, make sure the “Enable Inter-station Traffic” setting is set to true.  If this is disabled, it won’t allow wireless clients to communicate with each other.

Also, check to see if you have any IP Firewall Policies set that “Drop traffic between stations”.

Lastly, are your clients and the Chromecast on the same VLAN?  Because if they aren’t, you will need to look at your Bonjour Gateway setup and/or router setup to make sure that multicast is being forwarded. 

jflores
New Contributor

Thank you Esa, an apology for the delay, I have a version I think much older 8.2r2, and the APs are AP230 and AP250 models.

Esa_Kuusisto
New Contributor III

AP and version?

I had problems with version 10.2.r3. 10.2.r2 working fine and 10.2.r4 works perfectly.

jflores
New Contributor

Ok I will, thank you very much Sam.

GTM-P2G8KFN