cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device already onboarded - AP330

Device already onboarded - AP330

JoeS1
New Contributor
A Question we have all seen 100 times now!

I have added an AeroHive AP330 to my systems, now adding it to cloud ExtremeIQ i am getting "Device is already onboarded"

Can i get some assistance removing the device from the old tenant, thank you !
S/N: 33014031405889
Model: AP330
11 REPLIES 11

JoeS1
New Contributor
Any news on this?

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi Joe, thanks for sending that last serial number over, I started the process to see if we can get that AP released as well. Thank you for your patience here.

JoeS1
New Contributor
Well I am thrilled to say the final AP has arrived this morning and guess what.... same error....

Can you please contact these too. I have a feeling I will be returning all of these next week. Such a shame to be let down when the product is great.

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi Joe, of course, happy to explain. The process is to reach out to the original owner three times, with a day in between contact attempts. If I don't get a response from the original owner, I reach out to their old account team to see if they can provide approval for the transfer of ownership (for example, if they know the company went out of business, etc). If the account team can't help us, we'd need to reach out to your local sales engineer so they can help you with the transfer of ownership without approval from the previous owner. If we get to the last step, I'd need to know generally where you're located so I can find a local sales engineer to speak with you. I appreciate the proof of purchase you attached, unfortunately the only thing I can move forward with is written permission from the previous owner. Gotta love the red tape, but I'll do my best to get this resolved for you quickly!

JoeS1
New Contributor

Can i ask what is the process if the previous owner does not respond? i.e. the business has closed or the contact no longer exists... Is there a facility to override ownership in that scenario? I assume you can see how long since the device was last connected to the previous owners Cloud and if they are still active as a client.

I can of course provide proof of purchase my end and that the purchase was completed through a legitimate source.

I must say that the AP330 is a nice looking model too!

Please let me know 🙂

Many Thanks

GTM-P2G8KFN