Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device serial number in another VHM

Device serial number in another VHM

grantm
New Contributor

Hello,

We’ve acquired an AP121 that still belongs to its previous VHM.  We need it freed, please.  The serial number is 12113112200810.  Thank you!

Number of devices failed to add: 1

Unable to add serial number "12113112200810": The serial number belong to another VHM in Redirector.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for clarifying. I was able to find that serial number in our system but unfortunately I see that device as registered to a different user at the moment. I will need to reach out to the original user to get permission to release this device from their inventory, I will let you know as soon as I hear back on that. If you are still in contact with the original owner and can encourage them to respond to my email, that may help move things along here. If we are  unable to reach the original owner, I can try to get a transfer approval from their old account team. If that doesn’t work, we’ll need to go to your local sales team to start a formal process to transfer the device to your ownership. I will keep you updated on my progress, please feel free to check in here anytime for an update. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for clarifying. I was able to find that serial number in our system but unfortunately I see that device as registered to a different user at the moment. I will need to reach out to the original user to get permission to release this device from their inventory, I will let you know as soon as I hear back on that. If you are still in contact with the original owner and can encourage them to respond to my email, that may help move things along here. If we are  unable to reach the original owner, I can try to get a transfer approval from their old account team. If that doesn’t work, we’ll need to go to your local sales team to start a formal process to transfer the device to your ownership. I will keep you updated on my progress, please feel free to check in here anytime for an update. 

grantm
New Contributor

Just to follow up - unfortunately we don’t have access to that VHM, and the person who procured the AP is no longer with us.  Thus we’re reaching for clues about where to start.

Ron_Galien
Extreme Employee

Hello,

We are currently not able to see this referenced serial number within our redirector systems. 

Question - Do you currently access to the VHM under which the device is currently registered?

If you have access to the VHM where the device is currently registered, you can simply navigate to Manage > Devices > Select the device to be removed > Click the delete icon rtaImage?eid=ka82T000000PGPf&feoid=00N2T000004t2Yb&refid=0EM2T000000s1cP to remove it.

Hope this helps?

GTM-P2G8KFN