Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPerf3 Throughput testing

iPerf3 Throughput testing

a_huerzeler
Contributor

Hi community, dear @Sam Pirok

I am doing some testing with iPerf3 and i am surprised about the results I'm seeing. 

If I test with Gigabit cabling, from Host to AP I get good results the other way around it looks less great (see Screenshots). 
Whats the explanation for this beaviour? If i test AP to AP the results are simular low ~200 Mbps
d6cf0b165d744a75b09ccb351c8b3e0c.jpgdc5336e1e89e489083b5830e6246a94d.jpg
Best regards,
Andi

8 REPLIES 8

Are you looking for an over the air pcap from the AP and a client device?

Also, maybe I'm misunderstanding. When I do an iperf test from the AP, my assumption was that it was a wired network test from the AP hardware to the destination iperf server. If that is true, wouldn't we need a wired pcap of the AP eth interface to compare speeds with the onboard iperf test?
Just want to be sure I'm on the right track before I start collecting data.

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
We would want a wired pcap for this situation, from the switch the AP is connected to. We'd want to disconnect an AP, plug in a computer to the same switch port, and then run the pcap on the connected computer.

Hello,

someone gets some news from this topic? I'm experiecing the same issue also with AP-410 and the old AP-122

Treehouse
New Contributor II
On the wireless side the same results. Either the iperf port is not that great in hiveos or there is some throttleling /rate limiting going on in hiveos.
GTM-P2G8KFN