Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IQVA and AP650 HIVEOS versions

IQVA and AP650 HIVEOS versions

ian_blackwood
New Contributor

Hi,

We have an on premise IQ Virtual Appliance (20.1.5.2-NGVA) and a mixture of AP250, and AP245X running 10.0r8 which seem stable.

Recently we purchase some AP650 since the AP245X is EOL.

First one has 10.0r8b

Second one is 10.2r0

I see robust discussion on issues with various later HiveOS in these units.

I *don’t* see any of these files in the download page.

Can someone advise what is the current stable firmware I should run on these AP650 (with external antenna if that makes a difference) given the mixed environment ?

Also, where do I get the image and will this be compatible with the existing (latest) on premise Virtual Appliance ?

Cheers and Thanks in Advance,

Ian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ian, I would recommend using 10.0r8 or earlier for all your devices for the moment. You can check this page to see what version of HiveOS (a.k.a. IQ Engine) works with which version of CloudIQ here: https://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/ng/Content/reference/docs/release-notes.htm?Highl...

There is an IQVA release coming very soon that should let you use later firmware versions, just so you know to watch for that release. I’ve emailed you directly with instructions on how to get the firmware you need for your AP 650. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ian, I would recommend using 10.0r8 or earlier for all your devices for the moment. You can check this page to see what version of HiveOS (a.k.a. IQ Engine) works with which version of CloudIQ here: https://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/ng/Content/reference/docs/release-notes.htm?Highl...

There is an IQVA release coming very soon that should let you use later firmware versions, just so you know to watch for that release. I’ve emailed you directly with instructions on how to get the firmware you need for your AP 650. 

GTM-P2G8KFN