cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Windows clients connecting to AP230s

Issue with Windows clients connecting to AP230s

vkollas
New Contributor

Curious if anyone has seen this issue...

We are starting to see issues with newer Windows clients staying connected to our older AP230 APs that are waiting to be replaced (supply chain issues).

The client will connect initially, but they seem to drop off and report "no internet access" on the laptop.  Clicking the disconnect button, rebooting, etc does not help, the device will stay offline.  The only temporary "fix" is to forget the network and reconnect/reenter the password.  Our Apple Devices stay connected just fine.

I am not able to adjust settings on the APs since the licensing has expired, but since our other devices are working fine, I hope there is something that can be adjusted on the client side.

Thoughts??

-Vern

2 REPLIES 2

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

I've never been able to find a smoking gun for this type of issue, but have always had luck experimenting with either different device driver versions, or different AP firmware versions. What firmware are you running on the 230s?  I stuck with 10.0.2 for a very long time and have recently moved up to both 10.4.5.0 & 10.5.2.0 without any issues turning up yet.

They are running 10.3.4.  And sorry... they are the AP250s.  I am still trying to see if there is a common item here like WiFi chipset, Windows version, etc.   So far, the only thing I have noticed is our older Dells that still have 802.11n WiFi cards still work ok, so I feel like there is some compatibility issue with the newer laptops and their WiFi 6 cards.

The other weird issue I saw today was even though we selected our staff SSID, when I looked at the connection properties, it was showing it was actually connected to our Guest SSID.   I went in and forgot BOTH networks on the device, then only reconnected to the Staff SSID.  It was working when I left, but not sure if it will start acting up again or not.

Thanks for the reply!!

GTM-P2G8KFN