cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for info on log error - ah_auth: aaa: FT: invalid PMKR1 Pull request for ssid [ssid name]

Looking for info on log error - ah_auth: aaa: FT: invalid PMKR1 Pull request for ssid [ssid name]

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

Not sure if this error is related, but I got reports that clients on this AP could upload but not download (speedetest showing - 60+Mbps Upload, 0.1Mbps download). I’ve seen something similar one other time on an AP550 that was failing. This is also an AP550 and was running 10.0.9.1.

I pulled techdata first. Then tried to update, but kept failing complete update or firmware update (delta would successfully finish). At this point wasn’t seeing any errors in the log.

Did a “reset config” from the AP SSH. After it was back online, I was able to push firmware update (10.0.9.2), then a complete update, and now it appears to be working (as far as speeds go), but I’m now seeing the following error about twice a minute - ah_auth: aaa: FT: invalid PMKR1 Pull request for ssid [ssid name] (this is my 801.1x ssid)

Curious what could have gotten this AP in such a weird state and if their is any relation between the behavior and the error message.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

If there aren’t any reports of authentication issues, it’s possible this is a bug within the new HiveOS since it started right after the AP updated firmware versions. Would it be possible to grab tech data showing that error coming in a couple times a minute, then downgrade the firmware back to the previous version temporarily so we can pull a new tech data file to compare the first file to? I’d be happy to review the tech data files for you, or we can open a case so our technicians can troubleshoot this with you as well. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

SamPirok
Community Manager

If there aren’t any reports of authentication issues, it’s possible this is a bug within the new HiveOS since it started right after the AP updated firmware versions. Would it be possible to grab tech data showing that error coming in a couple times a minute, then downgrade the firmware back to the previous version temporarily so we can pull a new tech data file to compare the first file to? I’d be happy to review the tech data files for you, or we can open a case so our technicians can troubleshoot this with you as well. 

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

This device is at a remote site so I have limited info. Feedback from onsite is that everything is working as expected after the reset/update. I also just confirmed a Radius test is successful from this AP.

SamPirok
Community Manager

I don’t believe that error would be related to a speed issue, that looks like it’s referencing a problem with the pairwise master key not being validated. Are you having any authentication issues since the update? 

GTM-P2G8KFN