cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mesh Questions - How to determine and specify neighbors

Mesh Questions - How to determine and specify neighbors

mburnett
New Contributor

I have four AP650s in a mesh, things work mostly as expected although for one of them the connection seems to experience a fair amount of intermittent packet loss.Although I work for a partner these APs are in my home and dont have support, so I cant submit a support case.

On the problematic AP under "show amrp neighbor" and "show hive ... neighbor" I see two of the three possible neighboring access points, which is to be expected given the construction of the building:

show amrp neighbor
Root AP 10.0.4.41 TWO-WAY cost mine/peer(120/195) lastRx-u/b(1/13 sec) flip(3/0/124)
Mesh AP 10.0.4.32 TWO-WAY cost mine/peer(148/132) lastRx-u/b(2/2 sec) flip(2/0/151)

show hive ... neighbor
Root AP wifi1.1 149 136.1M 144.1M -72(18) open aes ccmp 23:12:15 Auth 11ax-5g 80MHz
Mesh AP wifi1.1 149 2268.5M 1225M -48(42) open aes ccmp 16:30:49 Auth 11ax-5g 80MHz

Also given the construction of the building I would expect that the problematic AP would connect to the AP labeled Mesh AP, and go through it to reach Root AP. From two way cost values in show amrp neighbor it almost looks like packets may be taking an asymmetric path? Although I'm not sure if I'm interpreting that value correctly.

- How exactly do the APs determine which neighbor to send traffic through?

- Is it possible for packets to take an asymmetric path, where they are sent through one neighboring AP, and responses to those packets are received through a different neighboring AP?

- Is it possible to manually specify which neighbors and AP will use for mesh to force a specific path? Whether that is through XIQ Pilot or the command line?

0 REPLIES 0
GTM-P2G8KFN