cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to IQ

New to IQ

Robert-SCS
New Contributor

I started supporting a customer with an old wing controller and a bunch of at 6532s.  I'm looking to migrate them to new extreme wireless setup with cloud IQ and a mix of AP410c and ap510cx.  

I'm just trying to get them both essentially operating with the same settings so that they can compliment each other and the transition will be smooth. I have open spots for devices because the old AP's firmware attrition. Ideally the devices work and pass between the hardware platforms seamlessly. and I can easily just replace them one for one and as I pull one, another piece of hardware is in place. 

I have a device setup and am testing the mirrored network settings that I applied via a wireless network profile applied to the test AP410c.  So far, it looks like the device took the settings, but it also looks like the radio isn't enabled. It's not clear to me. The default radio profile is in place, but I don't see anywhere there or elsewhere that toggles enabling one of the radios.  If anyone can point me in the correct direction on this, I would appreciate it.  It's no immediately obvious to me what's going on. 

Also, I'm a bit concerned because the old systems config is:
SEC: WPA
AUTH: PSK
ENC: TKIP-CCMP

With the new system, I have it set to 
Personal
KEY-MGMT: WPA-PSK
ENC: TKIP
KEY TYPE: ASCII

I'm thinking this is equivalent. But I'm seeing a warning that "TKIP is only supported for AP3000, AP3000X, AP4000, AP4000U, AP5010, AP5010U, AP5050D, AP5050U models." None of those are my models. 

So either the radios are not enabled because the radio profile, or something I'm missing, or it's not enabling because of an invalid configuration?  I adopted the new hardware under the impression I could do this. Any input to get me pointed in the right direction would be appreciated.

Robert

PS see attached file for the wired interface list where it shows the wifi ports that are not green.  It's not clear to me whether they would show green here, but I know the SSID isn't broadcasting, and I don't see any discreet toggle of the radios on and off.

3 REPLIES 3

Jan_Reister
Contributor

Off the top of my head, do you need to support TKIP? It's a 20 years old replacement for WEP and was soon deprecated when WPA2 came out in 2004. Chances are, you devices support WPA2 CCMP. I would do some test.

We're aware it's ancient at this point.  The process we've talked about includes updating the wifi settings once all the devices are replaced, which is a project that is in motion.  So it would be temporary.  So we could theoretically go through and change them all now, and then do it again later, but doing it once was the strategy adopted.  Is this reply an implication that there is nothing that I'm missing and the radios are not broadcasting the SSID because of the warning?  Or am I supposed to manually enable the Radios somehow?

Trying to configure a WPA/TKIP SSID in my IQE instance, I too get the warning

"TKIP is only supported for AP3000, AP3000X, AP4000, AP4000U, AP5010, AP5010U, AP5050D, AP5050U models."

So this is probably the reason your AP410c radio does not broadcast the SSID (I'm short of time to test it on my AP410c pool). Try configuring a WPA2 Personal SSID and see if it it deploys.

GTM-P2G8KFN