cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with the Firmware AP 250 and Download Speed.

Problem with the Firmware AP 250 and Download Speed.

Joebacca
New Contributor

Hi my Name is Joe i am a Networker an i get 6 AP AP330 and AP 250

I have a standalone Aerohive AP250.

I would really appreciate if Anyone could share the latest firmware for it ?

thank you for your help in advance.

And my second problem is i have a poor download rate.

I have a 156 Mbit/s Connection and download from 118 Mbps. How can i i configure the AP for higher Speed.

I put in Console

show station

SSID=WLAN-Home Chan 48

TX Rate 156M / Rx Rate 156M

POw(SNR) -53

Amode wpa2

Phymode 11ac

LDPC = YES

Tx-Stbc Yes

Rx-Stbc YES

sm-PS = Static

Chan-width = 20 MHZ

Mu-Mimo = YES

Station-State = Good

Where can help me ?

8 REPLIES 8

Joebacca
New Contributor

I think i have a Problem with the 5 GHZ connection.

2,4 GHz Connection is 50-75 Mbps normal and in 5GHZ is 400 Mbps or higher normal i think.

Who can i change this that my mobile Phone connected into the 5 GHZ Net.  and my other Clients in 2,4 GHZ.

Joebacca
New Contributor

Thx for the Detail Answer.

My Problem is that when i connect with my Mobile Phone, i get Download Speed 50 Mbps. It´s this normal.?

An with the Laptop by 5GHZ 156 Mbps normal or not ? Why i don´t get not more than 156. MAX is 1300 Mbps i know this is in Lap. Need help for the CLI Config.

In the DataSheet from this AP250

802.11ac • 5.150–5.850 GHz Operating Frequency • 802.11ac Modulation (256-QAM) • Rates (Mbps): MCS0–MCS9 (6.5Mbps - 1300Mbps), NSS = 1-3. • 3x3:3 Stream Multiple-In, Multiple-Out (MIMO) Radio • VHT20/VHT40/VHT80 support

Sry for my bad enlish im german. 🙂

Thx

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II

Hi Joe,

So you’re having 156M datarate and get 118M of throughput? That’s actually pretty cool! Please have in mind datarate is a PHY parameter. Besides user traffic (like iperf’s UDP packets) we have a lot of 802.11 control and management frames, beacons, probe requests and responses, acknowledgements for every frame (or aggregated frame) sent or received… And if we get more than one device connected to our AP (or to another AP on the same channel in vicinity) we have to share the airtime for more and more devices (and not only data sent contributes to airtime utilization, but also contention mechanisms). And if we get some interferences around…

In a regular network, it’s something to consider to assume 45% of datarate being our average achievable throughput. More can be found here https://divdyn.com/wi-fi-throughput/.

One thing that will help you (will help more the more devices are connected to an AP), disable MU-MIMO please.

You can also try things like having short Guard Interval (you’ll be able to get 173M datarate) or bringing DTIM Interval down a bit (higher throughput for laptops but more battery consuming for mobile devices). But if you divide e.g. 156M and 173M of datarate on your AP (assuming all clients are the same for math simplicity), you are going to get something like 70M vs 78M per AP, then divide it by number of clients you expect on a radio… SGI is fine in general but for production networks such small improvements make a real difference when they all add up together (reminds me of some sport cyclists shaving their legs to get less air friction to get few seconds less for a lap time).

Please remember TCP throughput will be lower than UDP.

Hope that helps,

Tomasz

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joe, I’ve just emailed you directly with instructions on how to get the firmware you need for your AP 250. As for the speed issues you’re having, if you could send me some tech data from an AP having these speed issues, I can take a look to let you know if I find anything that could be causing those speed issues. This guide reviews how to get tech data from an AP in XIQ: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000080320&q

GTM-P2G8KFN