cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Used Access Points

Used Access Points

JackC
New Contributor
My school purchased some used Aerohive AP130 access points without consulting with me.  When I tried to onboard them I got this message.  Is there any way to clear them so I can add them to my account or do I look into returning the devices? 

The following devices failed:

• 01301504090923Device already onboarded
  • 01301504150217Device already onboarded
  • 01301504100243Device already onboarded
  • 01301504100968A stake record of the device was found in the redirector.
  • 01301708300623The device appears to be in use by another VIQ.
9 REPLIES 9

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi Jack, thanks for reaching out. I can help you with this issue. I did find the old records for these devices that are causing those error messages you see. I will need to reach out to the previous owners to get permission to remove these old records before we can transfer the devices over to your inventory. I've emailed the original owner just now and will let you know when I hear back from them. 

That said, I didn't find any records for 01301708300623, could you try adding that one again for me?

JackC
New Contributor
Since you haven't heard from the original owner does that mean I have 4 boat anchors or is there anything else the can be done? Thanks for you help with this.

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi Jack, thanks for checking in here. I did not hear from the original owners, but I'm not quite out of options yet. I've reached out to the former account team to see if they can provide any information for us that would let me release the old records. If they can't help me, we'll want to reach out to your local sales engineers to see if they can assist us with transferring the ownership over to you in our system. If they can't help us then we might be in boat anchor territory, but not quite yet.

If we need to go to your sales teams, I'll need to know generally where you're located so I can find a local SE to speak with us.

tcarrington
New Contributor III

Hi Sam, at the risk of hijacking a thread, I'm wondering the same about some eBay AP130s. Is it hit and miss with these? Should we get something arranged/sorted prior to purchase? 

For reference a serial number on a unit in a picture on the eBay listing is
I don't need personal info of course, but maybe a "this one would not cause you trouble" "is locked to another account" etc?

Of course, this SN might have been already purchased and recently assigned to a new Hive....but that would also suggest a possible level of success for the others.
thanks, Tim

GTM-P2G8KFN