cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Used Access Points

Used Access Points

JackC
New Contributor
My school purchased some used Aerohive AP130 access points without consulting with me.  When I tried to onboard them I got this message.  Is there any way to clear them so I can add them to my account or do I look into returning the devices? 

The following devices failed:

• 01301504090923Device already onboarded
  • 01301504150217Device already onboarded
  • 01301504100243Device already onboarded
  • 01301504100968A stake record of the device was found in the redirector.
  • 01301708300623The device appears to be in use by another VIQ.
9 REPLIES 9

Hi Tim, it can be a bit hit or miss with grey market Extreme devices. Typically we don't recommend buying from third party sellers, most of our warranties only apply to the original owner of a device so if anything goes wrong with the equipment you pick up second hand it can be very difficult to get support for the device at that point. You also run the risk of the AP being still registered to the old inventory, and then you'll need to start this whole process with me to get it released which can take a while as you can see. So there is a bit of risk involved in purchasing our devices second hand, but I will always do my best to assist in these situations.

I think it's an excellent idea to check with me before buying third party devices, so I can tell you if there is still a previous registration for that device. For instance, I can tell you there are no previous records for 01301505120112, so were you to buy that device you would be able to add it to your inventory without my help. 

Hope that helps!

tcarrington
New Contributor III
Hi Sam, 

4 AP130 delivered, 3 were fine, one came back with

Quick Onboard Failure

The following devices failed:

• 01301505120165  Device already onboarded

Do you have any abilities to offboard this AP ?
thanks, Tim

edit: I should add, the others were all from the same batch, sn's ending in 112, 134 and 131

Hi Tim, thanks for letting me know, that last device should be free to add to your inventory now. Please let me know if I can help with anything else!

tcarrington
New Contributor III

hi Sam, thanks for this. All 4 now looking green across the board. 134 did have issues talking to the Cloud at first, but a reset did the trick (or it was coincidence).

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but hopefully it will help others in future.

Tim

tcarrington
New Contributor III
well, my enquiry to my school of "can you by from eBay" just turned into "your WiFi points have arrived" so I guess we're gonna find out! lol
GTM-P2G8KFN