cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless clients "randomly" stop receiving data while still connected to the AP. XIQ AP4000.

Wireless clients "randomly" stop receiving data while still connected to the AP. XIQ AP4000.

Eric_Gohringer
New Contributor

We have a new XIQ Wireless solution rolled out over half of our campus.  As stated in the title clients will randomly stop receiving data.  If you look at the AP it shows the client still connected and healthy, but the client shows "no internet".  If you turn WiFi off and on at the client service is restored and all is well.  Then at some point in time the client stops receiving again.  We've tried quite a few things to remedy this, but nothing has proven to work.  Our APs are on 10.6.2.0.  I believe this is happening on other model APs, but I only have a few places where I can test and the AP4000 is the AP in that area.  Any thoughts or advice would be helpful.  I did downgrade to 10.5.5.0, but saw the same behavior.  

Thank you. 

3 REPLIES 3

AreckD
Extreme Employee

Hello,

When coming across this issue I have found that 40mhz channels configured in the radio profile works best to help alleviate the issue, having DFS enabled will also help with the lowered channel availability having wider channels brings.

Areck Degeneffe
Senior Associate Technical Support Engineer / Extreme Networks

evelasquez
New Contributor

hello, this happens to me, have you found how to solved this problem?

Brent_Addis
Contributor

Hi,

Are you using Radius authentication? Or WPA2/3?

-----
-Brent Addis / Extreme Black Belt #491

New to Extreme? Check out the Welcome series here - https://training.extremenetworks.com/welcome-series-1
Want to join the official Extreme learners discord? Let me know!
GTM-P2G8KFN