cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Altitude AP has attempted to connect that is unknown to the system. Altitude AP authentication fai

A Altitude AP has attempted to connect that is unknown to the system. Altitude AP authentication fai

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Apr 4 2013 12:52PM

Hello!We have a WM2000 Wireless Controller and one of the Altitude APs, that used to work, cannot connect to WM anymore.In the log i have the following message: 04/03/13 17:38:00 Major RU Manager A Altitude AP has attempted to connect that is unknown to the system. Altitude AP authentication failure. Serial Number: xxxxxxx, IP: xxxxxxxxxx. I tried to turn it off and on, delete it from WM and it still cannot connect. Any help please?!Thanks in advance! (from Gustavo_Oliveira)
5 REPLIES 5

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Apr 4 2013 9:06PM

I had to reset the AP phisically (reset button) and then re-add it to the WM.Thanks for the help! (from Gustavo_Oliveira)

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Apr 4 2013 7:56PM

It's a Extreme Altitude 350-2 Integrated Antenna. It's IP is being assigned by DHCP but also i tried with static IP. (from Gustavo_Oliveira)

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Apr 4 2013 5:40PM

What kind of AP is that (model number)? How is it getting its IP address? via DHCP? (from ethernet)

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Apr 4 2013 5:13PM

Hello!Yes, they are in the same VLAN, i can ping the old AP's IP address. Now it doesn't even show the error message in the log and one of the AP's keep rebooting.Any idea? (from Gustavo_Oliveira)
GTM-P2G8KFN