Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding new AP Model (Profile Type) into NX5500

Adding new AP Model (Profile Type) into NX5500

Andy_Lam
New Contributor
Hi all,

One of my customers has been using NX5500 (WiNG5.6) for 2 years, recently due to some AP models are EOL already, we have to introduce some new AP models to their new sites. My question is: Is it the only way to upgrade the firmware, or I cannot make the NX to support newer models? Any chance I can just add/upload the "profile type" (for example, "AP7622") instead? My customer is quite hesitate to perform the firmware upgrade, it's somehow a risk to their existing operations globally...

Thank you~
8 REPLIES 8

Righty - blind me... I didn't notice we are speaking about AP76xx

This is in deed NOT present in 5.9.0 and support comes with 5.9.1 (yet in developer hands)

As AP76xx is not recognized you won't be able to use anyAP profile
This is still under proprietary code 5.8.4.21 and first standalone firmware for AP76xx family will come with version 5.9.1 as mentioned above.

Sorry for this misunderstanding.

Regards,
Ondrej

Dear Ondrej,

I finally managed to upgrade the firmware of NX5500 to the latest version (5.9.0) however still cannot find an appropriate profile type for Extreme Networks "AP7622" from the drop list, any idea/suggestion please?

Thanks in advance!!

Andy

Hi Andy,

rule of thumb - always check release notes to confirm compatibility.

Regards,
Ondrej

Ondrej_Lepa
Extreme Employee
Hello Andy,

The hardware itself does not have any issues adopting various AP platforms.
What does matter is the software being aware of the platform type.

There is unfortunately no way of adding unsupported AP into the system as this needs quite a lot integration.

Long story short - as you said, the only way is to upgrade firmware to version, which supports newly added AP platform.

Regards,
Ondrej
GTM-P2G8KFN