cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP7562 Orientation - Radio 1 up or down?

AP7562 Orientation - Radio 1 up or down?

Eric_Burke
New Contributor III
In the prior Motorola version of this AP, I believe there was some reason for mounting the radios in a specific fashion (R1 up/down versus R2 up/down). It may have been that you could only assign certain frequencies to a given radio and that they were somehow biased. Does anyone know if this is an issue today? Does it matter which side is up on an outdoor 7562 using the standard outdoor dipole antennas?
15 REPLIES 15

Eric,

Nowadays with MIMO and Tx beam forming we do not have (that) many factors to worry about.
More important is obviously what Timo mentioned above - antenna pattern.

Now, if you consider this solved, please mark the thread as Answered so you'll help others to find explanation quicker.

Regards,
Ondrej

Thanks, Ondrej... That's what I read but was not sure if there was still any validity to the old limitations. Appreciate the quick response from all!

Vedran_Jurak
New Contributor II
The gore vent needs to be facing down which means R1 is also down.

0e8143ece21c428d9942386a5d384eb2_RackMultipart20171025-13546-148mbi6-AP-7562_inline.png

Timo1
New Contributor II
You need always to check your antenna pattern. Based on this pattern you can mount the antennas. What PN is the standard outdoor dipole antenna for you?

Eric_Burke
New Contributor III
I think these dipoles are the same, regardless of the radio they service. I think the prior issue was that the radios were more effective with the 5G facing upward as opposed to downward and they could not be assigned to either set of ports. It looks like now they can be assigned either way (still not sure what the best practice is, 5GHZ up or down vs. 2.4)?

GTM-P2G8KFN