cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can AP7522 works with motorola WS2000 and AP300?

Can AP7522 works with motorola WS2000 and AP300?

Attila_Horvath
New Contributor II
Dear Community,

I would like to expand an old, but reliably operate deployment (2 WS2000 Wifi controller and 6 AP300 and the clients are Zebra BarCodeScanners.).
Can I expand his working system with AP7522? The roaming is very important in this case.
Or Should I deploy a new installation with a new controller and new APs?

Thanks in advance!
Attila Horváth
8 REPLIES 8

Christopher_Fra
Extreme Employee
Hello Attila,
The WS2000 has been EOSL for quite some time and prior to the AP75xx series. The answer is no, the WS2000 cannot adopt the AP7522. Strongly advise replacing the WS2000 with a new model wireless controller (e.g. RFS4000, NX5500, NX7510) that can adopt the newer AP models, including the AP7522, and retire the EOSL AP300s.

Otherwise, you can use Virtual Controller (VC) feature with the AP7522 and adopt up to 64 AP7522/AP7532/AP7562) on the VC AP7522 (no different model number, just a feature on the AP).

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for your answer!
It seems the mixed environmet has been rejected. Unfortunatly, we cannot test the mixed APs with the old controller.
At the moment I have only this info, that I shared.

BR,
Attila

Hi, For the roaming I don’t see any issue if they are on the same subnet. Can you please send more info? What zebra devices are we talking about? What is the application that the zebra are using? Telnet? Browser?

Hello Christopher,

Thank you for your quick answer!
I like your suggestion regarding the Virtual Controller.

Best Regards,
Attila
GTM-P2G8KFN