cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage ap 7632i

Coverage ap 7632i

jcarnez
New Contributor

Good estimates, consult the coverage range of the wing 7632 of the 2.4 and 5 Ghz band, in advance thank you very much for the response

3 REPLIES 3

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II

Hi,

Is it just that long and narrow area on the bottom, covered by these circles as well?

Depending on other requirements (capacity, number of clients, applications used over WLAN, but also budget) one AP every 30m may be ok, or one AP every 10m might be needed, or one per room... I could barely assume between 6 and 13 APs but you know, this is coarse assumption and not much satisfying (2x difference in scale and APs price). If you had some important obstacles (like huge metal racks you can find in warehouses) it would again make a difference.

The more capacity (more devices, higher throughputs) is needed, the more APs you will need to cover smaller cells (but then mind the channel reuse plan, DFS channels availability in 5 GHz, possibility to not use 2.4 GHz etc.).

I’d not recommend to put APs in hallways, rather every two-three drywall separated rooms might fit (so more walls between APs give you better attenuation and the same channel can be reused somewhere away more efficently; the same thing gives you bad results in for example these hotels where APs an in corridors - many walls on the way to some farther room and despite great range in a hallway, rooms suffer). Also remember we should start designing with small TxP, as small as few dBm, more for 5 GHz and less for 2.4 GHz) as a good practice. Possibly increase slightly if needed and if possible.

If you wish to have more accurate (but still rather coarse) assumptions without simulation tools like Ekahau, you may use free planner tool provided by Extreme for its partners: https://wirelessplanner.extremenetworks.com/ or Extreme CloudIQ itself, if that’s the platform you wish to use to manage your APs (I know this thread is under WiNG, just sayin’).

Hope that helps,

Tomasz

jcarnez
New Contributor
9f6ec64895a5453182f9e656f60ec220_568136ba-53b6-4fc4-a3d7-b69309abd3fc.png

Dear, thanks for the comment, I detail below: as seen in the image I have an area of ​​132.46 meters long in distributed environments, but all the walls are durlock and not so concrete in that area, how much would the coverage be? or less

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II

Hello,

It’s tough to give estimated coverage range. In an open space outdoors I can give you hundreds of meters. But will that work?

Please mind AP mounting height, environment (walls? warehouse/hotel/offices? what kind of walls? how APs are placed related to them?) and power settings.

Regarding power settings, what you can do is limited by how many APs you have and what kind of environment you have.

Pushing AP Tx power to the limit is not a good approach in enterprise networks and in many other scenarios as well. Your client devices might not be capable of shouting back to the AP strong enough when they are far away. It is also a matter of CCI/ACI that you can cause with farther APs on this/adjacent channel. It’s also a matter of how many devices you have, the bigger the area and more the devices to one AP radio, the more contention we get and thus airtime gets saturated and throughputs are not going to be high at some scale.

I’m sorry for this kind of answer, but if anyone tells you 10m diameter or 100m diameter upfront without additional info on the environment, you or your customer might end up not satisfied, or maybe you’ll put more APs than it is needed in your case. And I wanted to make sure, it’s not similar to “how many clients can we fit to one AP”, as for example in many enterprise environments it might produce poor throughput in effect (100-200 devices per AP radio? don’t try that unless there is really an environment that might work this way).

Hope that helps,

Tomasz

GTM-P2G8KFN