cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Enterasys make Wifi Extenders?

Does Enterasys make Wifi Extenders?

Laura
New Contributor III
We use 3605 and 3610 APs in our buildings. We have an AP faced out a window to push the wifi signal out to smaller building, but the signal is too poor, and we don't have any cabling there. Is there a network extender that I can plug into a wall outlet, that will improve the signal?
11 REPLIES 11

You don't need networking cable all you need is a power source ie injector and you can configure a mesh.

James_A
Valued Contributor
I have this exact setup - an AP in a window with mesh configured on 5GHz, an AP in the other building powered by a PoE injector that has the user SSIDs on 2.4GHz.

The user guide has the steps for setting it up.

Laura
New Contributor III
We don't have any network cabling in the smaller building.

DJ_Torres
New Contributor
I would suggest the same thing, a Point-to-Point link (wireless bridge) between buildings to extend the network and then your additional AP behind that. Typically access points aren't designed to talk to each other, but to end devices. Whereas bridges are designed to do what you are attempting, which is to extend your network via a back-haul devise.

Eric_Burke
New Contributor III
The best way to do this is with a set of AP's on each end and a directional antenna to link the two. If you're able to get signal there, but it's just too poor - this solution should easily be able to compensate for that.

Eric
GTM-P2G8KFN