Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme Wing with Extreme Management

Extreme Wing with Extreme Management

Andre_Brits_Kan
Contributor II
Hi Community

We have a client that have deployed just over 1000 Wing AP's when it was still a Zebra product.
The client is now looking at a Management system to manage the whole solution.

I am looking at using the Extreme Management (Netsight) instead of NSight.
How much of the Wing management can be currently done with Extreme Management currently?
Or should I still look at Nsight right now?
We do not want to supply Nsight if the product have no roadmap.

Thx
10 REPLIES 10

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II
Hello,

Are there any plans to incorporate Policy feature to WiNG, or at least some feature to be able to enforce policy-like rules from XMC at WiNG?
Like it is with ExtremeWireless which originally was not Extreme/Enterasys and you can see slight difference in the way it supports rules via its own GUI and via XMC.

Thanks,
Tomasz

Shay_Weir
New Contributor II
NSight currently is a monitoring tool. No management built in....yet. road map does show it being added and also some features from WiNG being to Extreme NetSight. There are still ways to roll up the management with WiNG to a central management controller, but only if you have nx7500 or lower controllers. You can roll up under a nx9600. Have to go up one size to combine multiple controllers into one console. We are holding out for the NSight features coming down within the future releases. WiNG 5.9.1 ......

Darrel_Rhodes
Extreme Employee
Hi Andre, Right now NSight is the only option for a WiNG customer to have full monitoring and analytics on the wireless network. EMC will only provide basic SNMP monitoring. However I understand the roadmap is for NSight to be rolled into EMC for customers with mixed platform networks. I would recommend you have a look at a demo of NSight as it is a fantastic application that shows the customer an incredible amount of data, statistics, history and insight in to the usage and behaviour of the WiNG network. Thanks, Darrel.

Definitely! 
GTM-P2G8KFN