Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ExtremeLocation and push notifications via Wi-Fi ExtremeWireless Wing

ExtremeLocation and push notifications via Wi-Fi ExtremeWireless Wing

Jose_LV
New Contributor III
Hi everyone and happy holidays.

I have several systems mounted via Extreme Wireless Wing with a VX9000 controller and multiples APs to manage the Wi-Fi of supermarket chain stores.

I was interested in being able to send push notifications to visitors or clients connected and not connected to wifi.

I have been looking at the ExtremeLocation platform and more specifically this pdf that refers to the APIs of this platform.
https://documentation.extremenetworks.com/extremelocation/9035498_extremelocation_api_reference_guid...

I can see that there are different APIs to send certain information from ExtremeLocation when an event happens or restfull APIs to request certain information to ExtremeLocation, also in the pdf itself an example web server is installed to process this information.

My request is:
Is it necessary to install third-party software to send these push notifications to visitors?
If so, can you indicate the name of some software that does it?
Or would it be necessary, throug programming, integrate the code of the APIs into the client’s CRM software?
The ExtremeLocation platform itself could send these push notificacions?

I understand that ExtemeLocation would send the information of an event (a customer enters the store or a customer enters a limited área in the store) to third party software and after detecting this event the third party software send a push notificación to the client with an offer, for example.

Thanks.
0 REPLIES 0
GTM-P2G8KFN