cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to configure/enable the "Roaming Assist" functionality in WM3400 version 5.5.5?

how to configure/enable the "Roaming Assist" functionality in WM3400 version 5.5.5?

Marlon
New Contributor III
problem with sticky clients most likely apple devices.
4 REPLIES 4

Marlon
New Contributor III
Hi Brandon, Thanks for the info. this is very helpful do you have the GUI based version? i will try the CLI and post the result. thanks Marlon

Marlon
New Contributor III
Hi Brandon, thanks Roaming assist is available already in version 5.5.2 based on Release notes, but we don't know how to enable and configure this feature. We have so many complaints regarding roaming specially apple devices.

BrandonC
Extreme Employee
Hi Marlon,

I apologize, I see now where this was added in 5.5.2. It looks like we have not updated the documentation to include this. You can find information on this in the Motorola CLI Reference Guide, in Chapter 30. Note that this is the Motorola documentation, so the model numbers will be different (IE, the WM3400 is called the RFS4010).

I'll get this over to our TechPubs team to get the documentation updated.

-Brandon

BrandonC
Extreme Employee
Hi Marlon,

It looks like Roaming Assist is a new feature added by Motorola in WiNG 5.7. Since the WM3400 is an end of sale device, WiNG 5.7 will not be available for this.

Marlon is correct, this was added in WiNG 5.5.2.

-Brandon
GTM-P2G8KFN