Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KRACK attack on WPA2

KRACK attack on WPA2

Johannes_Dennin
New Contributor
Hello everyone,
I have some questions due to the expected disclosure today on the attack possible on WPA2 SSIDs.
US-CERT has become aware of several key management vulnerabilities in the 4-way handshake of the Wi-Fi Protected Access II (WPA2) security protocol. The impact of exploiting these vulnerabilities includes decryption, packet replay, TCP connection hijacking, HTTP content injection, and others. Note that as protocol-level issues, most or all correct implementations of the standard will be affected. The CERT/CC and the reporting researcher KU Leuven, will be publicly disclosing these vulnerabilities on 16 October 2017.

Link: https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/10/severe-flaw-in-wpa2-protocol-leaves-wi-fi-tra...

- Is Extreme aware of this?
- Are Fixes ready to be released?
- Is a software fix sufficient or does hardware need to be replaced?

Thanks and best regards,

Johannes
84 REPLIES 84

VX9000 (WiNG) and various APs. I see those won't be out until Monday so we'll moved the outage.

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Hi Kyle,
Which platform are you looking for?

IdentiFi v10.31.07.0002 was published just a few minutes ago and can be found here: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrProductDetail?id=01t34000003w10tAAA
WiNG will be released soon.

David_Hernández
New Contributor
this attack affect products WM3600, AP4600, AP4500, WM100 and A350-2?

Vedran_Jurak
New Contributor II
Hi, as per VN 2017-005, 802.11r over the air is disabled in WiNG but 802.11r over the DS is enabled by default.

Is 802.11r over the DS vulnerable?

I'm thinking no since most of the communication is between the APs / RF Domain Manager / Site Controller.

Thanks.

Geovane_Gonçalv
New Contributor
Can the use of Fast Roaming features (Pairwise Master Key (PMK) Caching
Opportunistic Key Caching) on wifi network facilitate the KRACK attack?
GTM-P2G8KFN