Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KRACK attack on WPA2

KRACK attack on WPA2

Johannes_Dennin
New Contributor
Hello everyone,
I have some questions due to the expected disclosure today on the attack possible on WPA2 SSIDs.
US-CERT has become aware of several key management vulnerabilities in the 4-way handshake of the Wi-Fi Protected Access II (WPA2) security protocol. The impact of exploiting these vulnerabilities includes decryption, packet replay, TCP connection hijacking, HTTP content injection, and others. Note that as protocol-level issues, most or all correct implementations of the standard will be affected. The CERT/CC and the reporting researcher KU Leuven, will be publicly disclosing these vulnerabilities on 16 October 2017.

Link: https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/10/severe-flaw-in-wpa2-protocol-leaves-wi-fi-tra...

- Is Extreme aware of this?
- Are Fixes ready to be released?
- Is a software fix sufficient or does hardware need to be replaced?

Thanks and best regards,

Johannes
84 REPLIES 84

Kerzi_Peterson
New Contributor
Is there going to be a v9 release with the fix to support the older APs?

Hi, Kerzi

The following older AP will be fixed in V9. But, the release time is not fix yet.
  • 9.21.19.xxxx (AP3600, AP3700, AP3800) Release schedule pending
  • 9.21.19.xxxx (AP2600) Release schedule pending
Best regards

Marlon
New Contributor III
Hello,

i cannot search the WiNG 5.8.6.7 firmware in download portal. No result even the previous firmware. i also try the "Advanced" option and different web browser.

Thanks!

regards,
Marlon

9ee2513e77f6445a9b634d0efeb3a9d2_RackMultipart20171023-2224-e9jhil-Sample_inline.jpg

Marlon
New Contributor III
Great! thanks Paul.

regards,
Marlon

Hi,

Use Products/ExtremeWireless instead and you can find 5.8.6.7 under ExtremeWireless™ WiNG Appliances or AP's

//Paul

GTM-P2G8KFN