Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

L2TP Tunnel between RF-Domain and DMZ NX-5500-100R0-WR cluster

L2TP Tunnel between RF-Domain and DMZ NX-5500-100R0-WR cluster

msalaque
New Contributor

Hello All

I am doing a solutions where Corp SSID will be local bridge at each site ( RF-DOMAIN) with Centralized cluster (NX-9600).

We also need to have guest SSID at each site with traffic tunneled to DMZ cluster 2 x NX-5500.

I found two documents

1. https://documentation.extremenetworks.com/extremewireless/WING_5X_TUNNELING_REMOTE_TRAFFIC_HTG_TME-0...
  2. https://extremenetworks2com.sharepoint.com/sites/kcs/External/000014264/WING5X_How_To_Tunneling_Remo...

I tried to test those configuration in my lab using VX900 (v7.4.1) but unable to find all the options .

could anyone let me know if those are updated documents or help me finding right documents?

Moreover , Am I digging right directions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ovais_Qayyum
Extreme Employee

Hi,

You won't be able to test the L2TPv3 configuration on a VX9000 controller because tunneling is not supported on it due to a lack of data plane. As for your use case, you have two tunneling options:

1- Native MiNT tunneling: it’s less secure, easier to config, does not support fast failover.

2- L2TPv3 tunneling: it’s more secure, supports fast failover, and quite flexible to configure.   

The guide you have is correct, just use it with physical appliances and you should be able to complete the lab test.

Regards,

Ovais

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

msalaque
New Contributor

Hello mqayyum

Highly appreciated your feedback, I will test the configuration on hardware and ask you for more help for sure.

Thanks

Salaque

Ovais_Qayyum
Extreme Employee

Hi,

You won't be able to test the L2TPv3 configuration on a VX9000 controller because tunneling is not supported on it due to a lack of data plane. As for your use case, you have two tunneling options:

1- Native MiNT tunneling: it’s less secure, easier to config, does not support fast failover.

2- L2TPv3 tunneling: it’s more secure, supports fast failover, and quite flexible to configure.   

The guide you have is correct, just use it with physical appliances and you should be able to complete the lab test.

Regards,

Ovais

msalaque
New Contributor

Hello

Any more information on this solutions ?

Thanks

msalaque
New Contributor

Hello Sam Pirok

Thanks in advance. I you need more information from me regarding this project please let me know .

Thanks

GTM-P2G8KFN