cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locate Mac Address for WiNG5 conversion on RFS6000 version 4.4.2.0-001R

Locate Mac Address for WiNG5 conversion on RFS6000 version 4.4.2.0-001R

Justin_Cox
New Contributor II
I am looking for a simple CLI command that will tell me the MAC address of an rfs6000 to be used when upgrading to WiNG5. With WiNG5 it is a simple sh version, but the MAC is not listed in sh ver on WiNG4. I need to gather this from a large number of locations and looking for a short and simple command to output the MAC address that would be used to adopt to a VX WiNG5 controller.
7 REPLIES 7

Gavin_May
Extreme Employee
Hi Justin

I don't have a 4.x switch handy at the moment, but I can try to get one fired up and check for you. You might try the command "Show License" to see if that displays the MAC. I am curious why you need the MAC Addresses. The MAC should not play a role in a typical 4.x to 5.x upgrade.

Gavin May

Thanks for the context Justin. Try the "show mac-name" command and see if that gets you what you need.

Gavin,
I am building out the configuration for all the location ahead of the refresh, I need to MAC for the controller profile. They are upgrading already install AP/Controllers from 4.4 to 5.8.x.

I can get the MAC by logging into the switch the controller is connected, but I already have to log into the controllers and get some other data. I am just trying to reduce number devices I have to log into and time spent. So not a huge priority, but I thought someone might have a quick answer.

rfs6000 yy-yy-yy-yy-yy-yy
use profile XXXXX-6000
use rf-domain 9999
hostname controller1.s09999.us
ip name-server 111.111.111.111
ip name-server 111.111.111.111
ip default-gateway 10.10.10.1
interface vlan99
ip address xx.xx.xx.xx/xx
ntp server 20.20.20.20
cluster name XXXXXX
cluster mode standby